Friday, March 4, 2011

Deer Deposits

My brother Matt called my mom earlier, and she happened to be with my cute grandpa. Matt got on the phone with him for a minute and, from what Matt told me, the conversation when something like this:

Matt: Now that the weather is warming up I can come up and mow your lawn again each week.

Grandpa: The lawn is fine but I need some help with all the deer deposits.

Matt: Okay, I'll bring a shovel with me.

Grandpa: No, bring a rake. It's excellent fertilizer.


Mainly, I just like that he called the deer poop "deer deposits."

5 comments:

  1. Ha! Well he is obviously very polite.

    It is clear you have a deep affinity with Grandpa Anmaree. I envy you this.
    As a Grandma myself now, I know he appreciates it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! My grandpa called horse poo 'horse deposits' too. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To whomever may read this,

    I am writing on behalf of the 167th Signal Photo Company reenactment group (http://www.167thspc.org/). We have heard of J's passing and would like to share our sincere condolences with you and your family at this time.

    We would like you to know that it is a sad day for us as well as your grandfather was a great resource of information for what we do. I have taken the liberty of posting information about J's obituary on the 167th website.

    Again, we express our deepest sympathies that J has made the final roll call in a better place.

    Sincerely,
    Joshua Olsen
    Webmaster and Public Relations Officer, 167th SPC

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I can be reached at wolfiejo@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Joshua. I will definitely miss my grandpa. He was a wonderful man who led an amazing life. I just feel so fortunate that I had him as a grandpa.

    ReplyDelete

J Malan Heslop

J Malan Heslop
Click the above photo to see his World War II photo collection.